Summer camp enrollment deadlines are fast approaching! Bennett Day School will morph into Bennett Day Camp this year, offering a choose-your-own-adventure-style day camp experience at its West Town campus. Each camp promises to reinforce important life skills and keep kids actively engaged all summer.
Rising junior and senior kindergartners (4 and 5 year olds) will love the morning program of Explorers Camp. It features five, one-week sessions of summer camp fun by including activities such as, outdoor explorations, water Wednesdays and field trips.
Full-day campers will have the added benefit of enjoying yoga and naptime before selecting an “Afternoon Choice.” The Afternoon Choice is available to full-day campers. They are offered a selection of afternoon activities to choose from, such as basketball skill development, stop-film development, design and engineering, kickball or splatter painting.
First through fourth grade campers will thrive in this all-encompassing camp. Each day will have a unique schedule filled with sports, hands-on group projects, outdoor exploration, games as well as an “Afternoon Choice,” which allows the kids to choose their own adventure every day! The camp features five, one-week sessions including water Wednesdays and field trips.
Bennett & Beyond Camp
The full-day Bennett & Beyond Camp was built for senior kindergartners through fourth grade campers. It features different themes, including a combination of STEAM-related activities. With the help of specialty partner organizations, children will explore, play, and learn important life-long skills while having fun:
- 3Point Athletics Sports Camp - Children in all skill levels will come together for friendly games like kickball and capture the flag for team-building fun.
- Culinary Arts Camp - Trips to local farmers markets and lessons on composting are just a few of the activities campers will enjoy in the culinary arts program.
- Inspire Girls Academy: “Designing Toys of the Future” - This program provides girls with a complete product development experience — from inception and design to marketing and sales.
- Inspire Girls Academy + Design Dance - A perfect mix of business and arts, girls will learn what it takes to choreograph their own performance, obtain funding and market their creation to the public.
- STEAMtastic Camp - Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Math come together for a hands-on approach to robotics and coding.
- Swift Fencing Camp - Swift Fencing’s elite team of instructors will teach campers of all skill levels fencing skills, strategic thinking and inspire confidence through morning games, art and practice.
Middle School Camp: Explore the City
This one-week camp focuses on exploring all the city has to offer. Campers will visit numerous neighborhoods, take on daily design challenges and work with local businesses to solve real-world problems. Bennett Day Explore The City also provides students with the opportunity to see what Bennett Day Upper School has to offer, as they will be employing the same methods and structure that the Upper School will use beginning in the fall of 2019.
*Camp counselors will be a mix of Bennett Day and non-Bennett Day faculty, as well as third party specialty vendors.
As summer approaches, it’s time to think about summer vacation and summer camps! Bennett Day Camp, along with the help of teachers, families and partners, is offering a wide range of summer camp options for any and all school-aged children.