We are thrilled to share the enormous progress made in the exciting expansion of the Bennett Day School Campus at 955 W. Grand Ave. Located in Chicago's West Loop neighborhood at Morgan and Grand Avenues, Bennett Day is the fastest growing independent PK-12th grade school in the City of Chicago.
As you can see, the expansion is coming to life! The projected construction completion is on schedule for Summer 2019. The additions accommodate our new Upper School, as well as our expanded third sections of PreK, JK, and SK. The lower level brings new music, gym, and cafeteria spaces, while the upper floors add new classrooms and lab spaces for STEM, arts, and Spanish.
Upper School students will call the 4th floor home—complete with their own modern learning and collaboration spaces and high-tech maker lab. Bennett Day students can look forward to state-of-the-art construction tools, scientific laboratory equipment, a 3D printer, laser cutter, photo and video equipment, and more.
Take a look through the photo gallery below to see the renderings of the new spaces!
Recent construction progress includes:
- Brickwork on the lower level complete
- Roof membrane installed over the new additional lower level playground
- All windows are in installed
- The building enclosure is 100% complete
- Installation of the siding near complete
- Installation of drywall on floors one to four complete
- Taping/sanding begun on the upper floors
- Installation of acoustic ceiling grid begun
- Completed electrical and mechanical rough-in work
- Ceiling mounted HVAC units installed
In the coming six weeks, our incredible construction team will be working on duct work, audio/visual wiring, final finishes, and finalizing furniture choices.
We can't wait to see the space with its most essential piece—our Bennett Day students!
Building Renderings Gallery